Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer lovin'


Yesterday, it was hot here. We broke a record, it was so hot. Elizabeth is now worried that we're going to pop like popcorn kernels when we go outside.

It's hot! And it's only June.

After reading my friend Heather's blog, I decided I could be frustrated about the temperature, or I could look on the bright side and find things to be thankful for. It's all about how you look at things!

So, here's why I'm having some Summer Lovin'!
1. We get to go to the pool all the time, any time.
2. My children are sleeping really well because of all the pool time.
3. Who needs a summer wardrobe when you're in a bathing suit all the time?!?
4. I love how my boys look like little surfer boys with their blond hair, tans, and white tooshies.
5. Fruit is always on sale during the summer.
6. Not only are my children sleeping really well, but they're eating really well too.
7. I feel like a good mom when my kids are eating and sleeping well!
8. Our schedule is busy, but it's filled with fun stuff!
9. Summer school for Curtis is still school, but it's not as bad as last semester.
10. I get to see my parents next week!
11. The 4th of July isn't that far off, which means there will be fireworks!
12. Three words: Summer Movie Club!! Who wouldn't love $1 movies?
13. We get to take a little vacay to Atlanta to see Jeremiah baptised where I'll also get to see the rest of my family.
14. My sister has a pool within walking distance from her house!

Sure it's hot. But I'm really lovin' this summer!

3 comments:

momma said...

elizabeth is right to be concerned there has been a rash of popping people all over the place. that girl cracks me up. enjoy the pool.

Unknown said...

I see some themes in your blog...
- Kids sleeping well
- Swimming
- Kids eating well
- Swimming
- Cheap fruit
- And swimming pools!

Did I mention I have a pool closer than your sister's and a fishing / turtling pond as well?!?

Hannah D A said...

hmmm, how do you know that all surfers have white tooshies?