Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Elizabeth-ism

While we were driving home today, I was having a very nice conversation with one of the babysitters from our Young Mom's Bible Study, who I have the pleasure of taking to bible study and then home. Seriously, this girl is awesome! We were talking about the homeschool co-op that Curtis and I are hoping to get into, which is the co-op that her family is involved in.

Elizabeth piped up, "When do I get to be in Olive Garden?"
Me, "Huh?"
Elizabeth kindly repeats the question, and I'm still as confused as the first time. But I decide some answer is better then no answer, so I start babbling, "Well, we're not going anytime soon, but maybe we can go when Grandma is here... .... What do you think?"
Elizabeth answered with, "After our nature walk?"
Me, "What? It's too hot to go on a nature walk with Grandma right now. And we won't be going on nature walks till you're in kindergarten."

At this point, Elizabeth realized the error, dies laughing, and says, "Mommy!! I meant to say when do I get to be in KINDERGARTEN! I'm not talking about the restaurant."

That cleared things up!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It won't be long until she wants to be going out to Olive Garden and NOT Kindergarten...maybe you can count the breadsticks, eat some, count them again and call it math!

Worked for me amd Mom!!

Megan said...

Kidergarten and Olive Garden, it's all the same!

Kierstyn said...

I think kindergarten is going to be a big let down if she's comparing it in any way to Olive Garden. She thinks Olive Garden is the most fancy place. EVER.