Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Did you hear?

Today was National Pink Day! My Dad called this morning to inform Elizabeth and I of this very special day. When Elizabeth woke up, I shared the news with her. She excitedly ran off to her room to pick out what pinkness she would wear.

I went after her, to remind her that she needed to wear shorts since we were going to a Dino Dig at the library. On her bed, she had laid out a pink ballerina outfit, a pink princess dress, and three pink church dresses. When I told her she had to wear shorts, she was nothing short of devastated. "How can we celebrate National Pink Day if I don't wear a pink dress???" Seriously, she was distraught.

I finally convinced her she would be just fine in a pink shirt. And to sweeten the deal, I told her that she could pick out the pink bow. Oi Vey! That was a process!! "This one is more orange than pink." "This one isn't big enough."

A girl after my own heart!

This evening, I let her don all the pinkness her little heard desired, and took her picture to commemorate National Pink Day!

2 comments:

momma said...

A perfectly precious perky pink princess!!

Megan said...

Wow! I think she celebrated well!