Saturday, June 13, 2009

Elizabeth's party

Today we had Elizabeth's birthday party! She chose to have a Madeline party, which was a bit of a challenge. If I had to sum up Elizabeth's party, I would say it was a Madeline in Pink Paris party. For decorations, I was able to get some real pictures from Paris, pink streamers, pink balloons and pink scrapbook paper for place mats. My Mom found the pink Eiffel tower centerpiece and the pink Eiffel tower cups. We also had "Happy Birthday Elizabeth" written in French and put up around the house.


Me and the birthday girl.


Rather than cake, we had pink parfaits with chocolate "decorations". They matched Elizabeth's birthday dress which was pink and brown, as well as all the pink and brown decorations. The hesitant look on her face is from the sparkling candles, which is also why there are only two candles.


All the party goers. Aren't they sweet??


Elizabeth and I with Alexis and Christi. On of my favorite pictures of the day.


Daddy and his birthday girl.
Curtis' Dad and Melinda came into town to help us celebrate. It's been great having them here with us and they were a HUGE help in getting ready for the party.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like it was pink-elicious Madeline party...even the guests got into the party spirit! Happy birthday Elizabeth; I hope you had a wonderful time...
Grand-Daddy

Megan said...

Everything looked so cute!
Looks like you had a very fun time Elizabeth!

momma said...

Love the piture with the candles!!!! so cute. glad everyone had such a good time---even without your famous one trick!!! great job.

Jess said...

What a cute party-- and a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" to Elizabeth!

~Jess

Alicia said...

Precious! I love it! And you know I'm taking notes since you're several years ahead of my in the "raising a girl" category. =)