Thursday, August 13, 2009

Micah update

Yesterday went very, very well. The night before his surgery, I had prayed very specifically. And God graciously answered every single request of mine!

The first thing I asked was that Micah would sleep long enough that we wouldn't have time to think about being hungry or thirsty, but not so long that I would have to wake him up. I was about to wake him, when he came walking out of his room!

The next request I made was that Micah would go back with the nurse without being too upset. At one point, we were in the waiting room, and Micah was under the chairs crying because he was scared to go to sleep and only wanted to sleep in his bed. It took both Curtis and I loving on him and encouraging (while on the floor!) to get him out. I was proud of him for coming out, but that made me very nervous about him leaving for surgery. But the time came, and back he went!! No tears, no crying for us!

Even though I knew we were making the right decision to have Micah's tonsils out, there were moments leading up to the surgery where it didn't feel like the right decision. I prayed that God would reaffirm our decision. And most graciously, we were affirmed! The doctor said that Micah had a huge abscess on one of his tonsils.

One of my biggest concerns was how he would wake up. Remember when he woke up from having tubes put in last time? That's what I was scared of. But this time, he left his IV alone, the nurses were able to get him back to sleep, and he just slept and slept. When he woke up, they offered him some juice. He told them, "My Mommy has better juice in her bag!" Sweet boy! They came and got Curtis and I and we were able to go love on him while he finished waking up. No screaming, no drama, just a sweet sleepy boy.

We left the surgical center at about 10:30, 3 hours after arriving!

Micah spent the morning sleeping. He woke up hungry, thirsty, and ready to play! Yesterday went very, very well.

Last night he dealt with some pain, and also had a cough which only made the situation worse. This morning he seems to be doing well, and is currently playing dinos with his brother and sister.

Thank you for your prayers! Please continue to pray for a smooth recovery.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

How great! I prayed for that sweet boy yesterday. I'm so glad he's doing well.

Hannah D A said...

Yea!!! Tears as I read how it all went down. How great God is to reaffirm your decision!

Brian, Steph, Jada, Kiva, and Judson said...

Your prayers are inspiring and beautiful. I am so glad. Also, CONGRATS on new baby!!!!!