Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Micah: aka Peter Knight of Narnia

Last night, Micah had his first, "I don't want to have my tonsils out!" moment. It boils down to him being scared of going back without Curtis and I, which we anticipated being the tricky point.

Curtis and I were talking with him, and he told us, "I'm going to be brave like Peter when he fought the White Witch!" Oh melt my heart! That boy is so sweet.

This evening, we'll be having the dinner of Micah choice (either tacos at Rosa's or Chick-Fil-A... both of which end up being super cheap on Tuesdays!). Afterwards, we'll go to Kohl's to pick out a special stuffed animal and than to Target to pick out a new knight sword. Micah says that will help him be brave tomorrow.

We are scheduled to arrive at the surgical center at 7:20, and surgery will probably happen around 8-8:30. Please pray that he would be okay heading into surgery, that the surgery would go smoothly, and that waking up from anesthesia wouldn't be too dramatic.

We'll be sure to let everyone know how he's doing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He is both a sweet and strong boy...but I agree that he is mostly brave like Peter. I have seen him be brave and I know he will be brave tomorrow as well.

I love you all and will be praying at 7:30 and 8:30 and then for wake up...aqbout 9:30?

Sleep well brave Micah!

Grand Daddy

Alicia said...

What a sweetheart. We'll be praying for you guys tomorrow! I hope tonight's a restful one.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about Peter, but I know Micah, with his faithful sword will be fine. I'll be praying for you all in the morning and look forward to hearing that all is well Love grmm