Monday, August 24, 2009

Go figure.

The past few weeks, Micah has started a nasty little sleep cycle. He'd take a great nap (2 plus hours) go to sleep between 9 and 10, wake up at 6, take a great nap.... you get the idea. My thought was that if he took a shorter nap, he would go to bed earlier. I quickly learned that Micah is a hard sleeper, and either doesn't wake up, or wakes up as a nightmare child! Scratch that idea.

I decided this week I'd try not giving Micah a nap. Yesterday, he fell asleep in church, slept for about an hour (maybe less) and didn't go to bed till after 9!! This affirmed that we needed to just drop the nap.

So today, Elizabeth and Micah had run around screaming and playing quiet time together. That's the last time that will be happening! Overall though, I was pleased. Micah was a bit whinny, but not too terrible. When Benjamin woke up from his nap, I put on a short movie for the boys to watch. About half was through the movie, I found Micah like this.
Sigh.

Go figure!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh so cute! You figured out the strike through, glad my directions were understandable. lol

Kristy said...

I remember those days! I only had one child at the time though...

Stephen now takes one afternoon nap every 2-3 weeks, and even goes to be on time. I like those days. :)

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Okay, of all the blogger knowledge I have, I still haven't figured out how to put a line through something! Go figure. How did you do that?