Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bullets

So much to blog, so little time.  Here come the bullets!

  • We are all back together in Kansas!!  I'm thrilled to be back with my family, though I'm really missing my sister, sweet baby Jeremiah, and Matt.
  • After leaving Georgia, I've decided that Elizabeth and I belong in the south.  We both love sweet little girl dresses, smocking, big bows, gingham and all things monogrammed.  While I was in GA, I went to this great little store!  They had the most adorable bags, purses, onsies, mugs, and jewelry.  Lots of cute, cute, and CHEAP jewelry.  I'll have to post pictures of all my great finds.  We also went to a kids' store where I was able to buy sweet dresses or Elizabeth.  Never before have a I seen so many sweet dresses.  Sigh.  Maybe I should move to the south?
  • I'm a fan of the show John & Kate Plus Eight.  Have been for awhile.  This past Monday, the new season started, and just made me sad.  It's the reality that you don't want to see.  And I wonder how much of their actions is real at this point.  It's just sad.
  • I'm looking forward to heading home to Texas, where I know it will be summer!  This morning in KS, it's 55 degrees.  The high is going to be in the low 70's.  Great weather, but I'm ready to use those pool passes!
  • When I flew to GA, it was the first time in 16 years that I had flown.  I've decided that flying in very convenient and I love how quickly you can go from one place to the next.  However, I've learned that I'm not a fan of flying.  The whole process is so crazy and stressful.  I'm not scared of actually flying, just the process of getting on and off the airplane.
  • We are staying in KS till Sunday morning.  Today and tomorrow are low key days, where we have a few fun activities planned.  Then on Friday and Saturday, Curtis and I will be going to a homeschool conference.  We are very much looking forward to hopefully learning some new things, and making some decisions about this coming school year.
  • I'm reading a book called "Wild at Heart".  I'm intrigued, but not overly impressed.  More thoughts on the book when I'm done.
I think that's it!  We're off to drink some coffee, run to Target, and maybe see a movie. 

No comments: