Thursday, April 23, 2009

A New Adventure

This afternoon, the kids and I will get into our packed van, and make the trip to Wichita KS. Without Curtis. Me and three kids, all the way to Kansas. Without Curtis. 538 miles. And did I mention Curtis won't be there?

I'm really, really, really looking forward to seeing my Dad and Shannon! I haven't seen them since Christmas. I'm also looking forward to seeing my Mom, who I always miss. And of course, we are greatly anticipating Aunt Shannon's Art (aka Shannon's Thesis Art Show). We will also have the opportunity to see my grandparents, aunt, and two of my cousins. It's going to be great!

But clearly, I'm a little nervous about the drive. My head is full of scenarios of the car breaking, me getting lost, locking the keys in the car, no being able to stop to pee, having a hard time staying awake...... the list goes on and on, and around and around in my head. I'm also concerned that if the trip to KS is bad, I won't want to make the trip home.

However, I'm also really looking forward to this little adventure. You might remember that this isn't the first time I've made a trip alone. That first trip didn't go well. But a lot has changed, and I'm anticipating (and hoping and praying) that this trip will be smoother. I feel very prepared, and I'm confident that the kids and I can take on this new adventure!

So if you think of us this afternoon, we would appreciate your prayers. We'll be leaving around 3:30. The trip normally take 8 1/2 hours, though I'm anticipating it taking a little longer, so it could be a very late night. Thanks for your prayers!!

3 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Praying right now! Have a fun and safe trip!

Unknown said...

Praying you here safely!
Daddy

Sherry said...

I so understand!! You obviously did great and you will do great coming home!! Prayers with you always.