Thursday, April 09, 2009

What we did....

Option #2. We all went to church together.

Curtis and I were quite aware that at some point, the choice was going to have to be made between sports and church. Should we allow our children to play sports on Sunday? Should we allow our children to participate in practices on Sunday? When do we sacrifice other activities so that we can be at church? Will we allow our children to travel on the weekends for sports if it means missing church? These were all questions we had answered hypothetically, but this is the first time we've actually had to answer them.

And yes, I am fully aware that Micah is 3 and that this is very minor when looking at the big picture. We just found the thought process fascinating. Micah didn't even remember that he would have normally had soccer, so it wasn't a big deal at all.

Though we desire to provide our children with every opportunity to expand on any athletic gifts they may have, our main goal and desire is to show our children, through our actions, that our relationship with God, and corporate worship are of highest priority in our family.

So there we have it! On thought process down, hundreds more to go. Thank goodness God gives us baby steps!

And on a lighter note, here are a few pictures of our crazy day.

While I was putting on my make up, I heard Benjamin jabbering away about his face. I look over and realize that he was putting very large amounts of my skin cream on his face. He thought it was diaper rash cream so he also put it on all areas around the main area where you would put diaper rash cream. Get it? And to make it even better, he had glitter on his hands from playing with his sister's hair glitter. He now has very soft and sparkly..... boy parts.

Oh, glorious day!!! Elizabeth got to wear her owl dress! Almost every day since she got the dress, when I ask, "What do you want to wear?" she responds with, "The owl dress!!" She was thrilled it was warm enough, the dress fit, and we were going somewhere a dress would be appropriate (unlike when she wanted to wear the dress at the park). And isn't her bow too cute? I was pleased with how well it turned out.

Photographic evidence that Curtis and I are around. :-) One downside to my new camera. You can see all my little white hairs in my hair line. Stupid clear picture.....


This evening, before bed, Micah was being super adorable with Curtis. Too adorable to resist! Oh, I love that sweet little boy! Once again, I find myself asking, where did my pudgy little baby go?? And doesn't Micah look just like his daddy?

We have a big day tomorrow. We're going to the CIRCUS!!!! The kids and I are so excited! I think Curtis is too, but just not quite to the level that we are. On Saturday we're dying Easter eggs and taking Easter pictures of the kids. And of course Easter Sunday is just around the corner, complete with an Easter meal with friends from church, cascarones and an egg hunt. What a great time of year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a day!
Sparkles...owls...cuddles...and the anticipation of the circus! Can tomorrow (today) exceed these joys experienced?

Deirdre said...

Ha - grey hairs - welcome to the family!!