Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring time for the Krajcas

Every year I am amazed by how busy we seem to get in the spring. Between birthdays, parties, Mother's Day, Father's Day, weddings, and anniversaries, the time seems to fly! This year has potential to be our busiest spring yet.

At the end of April, my sister Shannon, will be holding her thesis art show. This show has been in the works for months! In May she will graduate with her master's degree, after three years of hard work. I am so proud of her, and know people who attend her show will be blown away by her talent. The kids and I are looking forward to our trip up to Wichita to see her show, and support her as she celebrates this huge accomplishment.

Any day now, I will become an aunt!! Though we have a nephew and nieces on Curtis' side of the family, this will be the first time I become an aunt on my side of the family. My sister Megan and her husband Matt are going to welcome Jeremiah into our family this month! Needless to say, we are all very excited about Jeremiah's arrival, and look forward to loving on him lots! I won't be able to see him right away, but I do have plane tickets for mid May. I cannot wait to get my hands on my sweet nephew, and to see the lovely mother I know my sister will be.

In between the kids and I going to Wichita for Shannon's art show, and me leaving to go see Megan, we have a month packed with birthdays, parties, ballet recitals, a one week trip for Curtis to Houston for training, lots of major projects and papers for Curtis, and just busy life in general.

It would be so easy for me to lose sight of the here and now as I anticipate all the other activities that are to come. I hope that doesn't happen because I will lose the little moments of the day, of this season. So this week, rather than obsessing about how everything is going to happen later this month and next month, I'm going to focus on the celebration of Easter. The kids and I have been enjoying time reading about Jesus, his life, his death and most of all, his resurrection! I hope that if you find yourself swirling around in life's chaos that maybe you can find a still quiet moment to reflect on this special week.

No comments: