Monday, April 20, 2009

Texas Springs

Along with beautiful bluebonnets, and highways blanketed in wildflower, you also get crazy rain storms in our part of Texas. We will have the most perfect weather, followed by a day full of rain, and cooped up and cranky kids.

This past week, since I was sick, then Micah was sick, the kids were getting really cooped up. Friday rolled around and we had one of those Texas rain storms that lasted all day long. We had been in the house far too long!

Saturday, while I was at a scrapbooking event in Houston, Curtis got the kids outside. He let them run, and play, and enjoy the rain puddles left over from the storm. And because he’s just that awesome, he took pictures!!!




Today, we are still enjoying some of the effects from the rain. MUD! It wasn’t a good nap day here, and I knew the kids would have a better evening if they had the opportunity to burn some energy, so out into the mud I let them go. They’re actually still out there now. No fussing. No fighting. Just good, old fashion, muddy fun!






Anyone want to come over and bathe my children for me?

5 comments:

momma said...

is there enough spray and wash in TX for all that mud!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm just getting ready to bathe my own, and hoping they aren't as muddy as yours! RL

Deirdre said...

Hey Kiersty - that's what the garden hose is for!!!

Unknown said...

Or if any of those puddles are still around, have them roll around in them. :-) I hate to think about what your tub looked like after you bathed them.

Kierstyn said...

I actually did think of the hose, thank goodness!! I stripped them down, hosed them off, but my tub still is a bit of a mess. Oh well. It was fun!