Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter baskets

**This is one of three posts from today. Be sure to check out the montage from the circus!**

This evening we did the kids' Easter baskets. Normally we would do Easter baskets on Easter morning, but this year, we did it early for two reason. One, we have no time in the morning. Two, we're going to try to keep our focus, and the focus of our children on the REAL reason we celebrate Easter.

By the way, I loved Wal Mart this Easter! They had color coordinated candy in each of my children's favorite colors. How cool! We made the kids close their eyes while I brought out their baskets. Poor Benjamin had the hardest time! But it was so cute watching him try.
Each kids got a DVD, candy and a toothbrush. Nice touch, huh?

For their Easter present, my Mom and Dad gave the kids The Jesus Storybook Bible. This is a great children's Bible, which we had one copy of. That one copy that we had was very well loved! I mentioned this to my Mom, and she bought each of the kids their own Bible.
This week, to help prepare the kids for Easter, we've been reading the Passover story, and the Easter story. Aren't the adorable??? (Benjamin was already in bed when these were taken.)

1 comment:

Jamison said...

Kierstyn,
I am thinking about suspending your blogging privileges until I can consistently check your blog. Unfair, YES, but I just can't seem to get it together and know what's going on...don't be surprised when you see 50 comments from me on all that I've missed in the past few weeks. ;)