Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Perfect timing!

As I mentioned in my Easter post, we had a great weekend! The circus, the family time, the Easter celebration with friends... it was all perfect! Yesterday morning, I woke up not quite feeling 100%. I rapidly began feeling worse, and suspected that I might have strep again. Thankfully, Curtis was able to stay home with the kids. Amazingly enough, I was able to get in to see my ENT to confirm that I indeed had strep.

Curtis did have to go into work, but was able to spend the afternoon at home so that I could rest. The timing all worked out perfectly! If I had gotten sick one day earlier, I would have missed our wonderful Easter. If it was much later in the week, I might not have been feeling better in time to go to the scrapbook event in Houston this Saturday.

Curtis had planned to skip his class tonight to help me get the house in order and help me get to bed early. This afternoon, he found out that his class had been cancelled, so he really isn't missing anything!

Even when I feel yucky, and can't swallow, God reminds me of how much he loves me. I can clearly see how God is working things out, in perfect timing. It's the little things that really make me see that God has his hand in every part of my life. If he's taking care of every detail, no matter how small, why is it so hard for me to trust that he will also take care of all the big details?

Matthew 6:25-34
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

As we continue in this very busy time, when I feel like life is moving at a frantic pace and it's all I can do to keep up and keep my family clothed and fed, I look to the promises of God. Each day has enough trouble of its own. I need to remember what that my Father has promised to care for me, and not get hung up in the planning and worrying of the future.

1 comment:

Beth said...

So sorry you're feeling badly. And Micah's got it too? What can I bring you tomorrow? I'll be out and about.