Thursday, April 09, 2009

What would you do?

Last night, as I was sorting through the mountains of laundry that I've been doing, I came across Micah's soccer shorts. I figured since the next day was soccer, I should set them aside so I would know where they were. As I continued sorting, I came across a dress of Elizabeth. Perfect, I thought! She can wear this to the Maundy Thursday service at church.

See the problem?

Finally I did. Soccer is at the same time as the Maundy Thursday service!

Though we've already made our decision, I'm curious to see what the blogging world thinks. So please tell me. What would you do?

Here are our options.
1) Curtis takes Micah to soccer and I go to church with the other children. We meet up at the house later.
2) We all go to church, skipping soccer.
3) We all go to soccer and skip church.

Things that we had to take into mind.
Micah's soccer "practice" is only a 6 week deal. He's already going to miss one week when we go to Aunt Shannon's art show. We paid up front, not as we go.
Curtis is an officer of the church.

As I mentioned earlier, we've already made our decision. But, what would you do? You can vote on the poll and/or leave a comment.

9 comments:

Patricia said...

#2 too.

Jim Duyck said...

i was actually reminded/challenged about this as i woke up at 6:00 to head to the gym:

Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

I Timothy 4:7b-8

soccer or the ymca can - and will always be able to - wait. we most definitely model life's priorities before our children. i've definitely failed at that before, but that doesn't negate truth.

Lindsay Newcomer said...

If you've already made your decisions, aren't you setting us up for failure here? Are our votes anonymous? Hmmmm.

Kierstyn said...

Lindsey, you crack me up! No worries, all votes are anonymous. :-)

Deirdre said...

See - that was the benefit for me growing up - all activities were cancelled during Holy Week ...

Shannie said...

You know how I vote ;)

Unknown said...

I voted!

Amanda said...

I am sure it has already happened, but I was thinking Curtis go to church with the others since he is an officer, and you take Micah to soccer. I hope it all works out.

Anderson Family said...

I vote what we did which was #2