Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The twilight zone

After we get home from Young Mom's Bible Study, it's always a rush to get lunch on the table and get the boys down for naps before we reach melt down. Today, it didn't happen for Benjamin. He was one big melted down mess! Elizabeth and Micah were strangely not. They were being nice to each other, eating a good lunch, cooperating.... very strange! What is this, the twilight zone? I got Benjamin down for his nap. When I went to find Micah, I found that he and Elizabeth were playing nicely together in the play room. I told Micah it was nap time, and he came, but was very unhappy, and kept asking for Elizabeth to put him down. Elizabeth came in, saying, "It's okay buddy, sister's here." Not normal behavior for these two! And sure enough, she loved on him, talked to him sweetly, and left when he fell asleep. Very sweet! But very strange!

Elizabeth was super tired this evening. Her tiredness manifests itself in two forms: whinny and wild. As I was trying to fix dinner, she was bouncing off the walls making her brothers wild. I looked at her and said, "Elizabeth, you are so wild! You need to go to your room and come out when you are normal!" And then I had to laugh, because we all know who she takes after. Hello pot, have you met kettle?

Just minutes later, she was making a ridiculous amount of noise. I turned and just looked at her. She told me, "I'm being noisy so that you can hear me." That made me laugh!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Crazy! At least they weren't all on the wild train together...
Love you all,
Da