Sunday, January 18, 2009

Clock Watching, Pretty Cow and a Pray Off

Elizabeth isn't a nap taker. But there are days when it is clear to us that she needs a nap. Today was such a day! After a fun lunch at McD's with the Arnolds, we came home to get kids in bed for naps. Elizabeth fussed, she cried, she fought. Curtis told her she had to stay in bed till 4:00. We realized we hadn't heard much from Elizabeth, and when I went in to check on her, this is what I found. `````````````````````````````````````
On our way home from lunch today, we saw some cows. Elizabeth asked Benjamin what the cow says, then she quickly began to moo. Micah told her, "You're a girl! Boy cows go moo!!!" He was pretty adamant, and getting quite worked up. Trying to distracted him, I asked him what the boy cow said. "Moo" he responded. When I asked him what the girl cow did, he said, "Stand there and look pretty."


`````````````````````````````````````
I have a new friend in Wichita. She's a young mom like me, who goes to my parents church. We have children the same ages (almost to the month!), have both had one big baby, and have both had one son with medical problems. My new friend cracks me up!! I knew she would crack me up when she called me, while I was at my parents house, to tell me that our children could never marry. My first thought was, "Boy do the Krajcas know how to make a first impression!" I asked why and she said that she couldn't stomach having a Loose/Krajca wedding. So true! So very, very true!
I was telling my friends Ashlee and Christi about my new friend, and how it wold be nice to have a friend in Wichita if God granted my parents' desire for us to move there. Ashlee quickly declared that she was praying a very different prayer for us! Christi said she was too, and we would just have to wait and see who was the more righteous, based on who got their prayers answered. They then decided that we should call it a Prayer Off! So, watch out mom and dad! You're in the middle of a Prayer Off!

6 comments:

Christi said...

Does that remind you at all of the book we're reading for community group? Whose prayers will be answered? And I believe it was Ashlee who said we'd see who was the more "righteous". hehe Your parents will have a tough time in the prayer off only because there are so many more wanting you to stay than to ever leave. ;-)

Hannah D A said...

We already have too many people come and leave. That means the dependable, steady, non-student types must stay forever. That means you and Curtis. No more leaving and I mean it!!! (Anybody want a peanut?) Ya hear me, Missy?!!

Christi said...

Great Princess Bride reference Hannah!

Anonymous said...

of course we would love it if you were closer, but we are thankful for where you are....as far as the pray off, i think i will use daddy's raquetball technique..keep the whippersnappers running from one place to the other while you steadily beat them!

you might need to start micah in some logic classes soon...that boy comes up with some crazy ideas.

and elizabeth is precious!

Jamison said...

1. Your blog is now Valentine-o-licious! Love this holiday. :)
2. This was a hilarous post. Thanks for making me laugh--you BETTER NOT go movin' somewhere else--my car only knows how to get to College Station.

Helen said...

LOL! Stand there and look pretty! Who have your children been talking to? That is the funniest thing I have heard all day. Wow.