Thursday, January 15, 2009

Things I would NEVER, EVER do.

Surf with a killer whale.I hate whales. They totally creep me out. The thought of going whale watching, scares the poo-poo out of me. And the people who not only go whale watching, but then reach over the side of the boat to TOUCH a whale... CRAZY!! Totally freaks me out! Seriously, just thinking about it has given me goose bumps.
I blame this ridiculous whale fear on two things. 1) Jonah. 2) Pinocchio. And I'm not the only crazy one! My sister, Shannon, feels the same way, but more intensely. If you wanted to kill Shannon on the spot, take her to Sea World to visit Shamu. I really think she would drop dead and the Samu Show.
All that to say that the above picture gives me the big time creeps. That man is nothing but crazy!!! And to think he did it deliberately. Out of his mind! You couldn't pay me enough money to get in the water anywhere near a whale. And that's not just any whale, it's a killer whale. The kind that eats things... like people! Crazy!

7 comments:

Deirdre said...

And I think you and Shannie are both nuts! Both in Pinnochio and Jonah they got out safely! Heck even in Finding Nemo the whale was helpful. I don't know that I'd go swimming in the ocean with one - but I'd happily go swimming with Shamu (knowing he's been fed)! Swimming with the dolphins was a blast - - maybe whales are next!!

Shannie said...

You forgot about Uncle Kerry telling us that if we didn't play nice, share and obey while in his pool he'd let the killer whale that he kept in the drain to eat bad kids out.

Christi said...

You guys crack me up! I would love to go whale watching and would love to touch a whale. Granted, being that close to a killer whale is a bit creepy, but I wouldn't mind seeing one. And I can't wait to take the kids to Sea World to see the "scary" whales.

Kierstyn said...

Aunt D, dolphins kinda freak me out too. I don't think I would have swimming with dolphins on my bucket list, but you could totally pay me to do it. And you're crazy if you go swimming with whales. C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!

Shannie, I thought it was sharks that would get us. But yeah, let's say whales. Then I have someone else to blame my crazy fear on! :-)

I want to go to Sea World too Christi! Maybe we can plan a trip for our families for the same time and you can hold my hand so I don't freak out during the whale show.

ninepoundhammer said...

You think that is crazy, look at this: http://www.gansbaybackpackers.com/white_shark_touch2.jpg

By the way, a Kiler Whale is actually a dolphin.

Deirdre said...

According to my kiddos - Kerry threatened with sharks under the drain ... not whales! How could the mammal whale survive in the drain under water? Nope - it was sharks - can't blame Kerry for the whale phobia you silly girls have.

Kiersty - I'll send you photos to make you thrilled. Both your g'ma and I have swam with dolphins!

Ask her - great fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Deirdre is right. It was great fun to pet the dolphin. We were not together but after she had so much fun, I had to try it when Papa and I went on a cruise. He did not join m. He said he'd wait,"SAFËLY" on the ship. He missed my adventure. Be brave and go for a swim with the dolphins, if you have the opportunity. NOT SHARKS!!!!Chris did go swimming with the sharks in Hawaii, but we know he is more adventursome than most Love