Thursday, September 18, 2008

What a day!

What a crazy day it has been at Casa de Krajca!

1am Curtis and I finally go to sleep.
6:09 am Micah informs us that he is awake, wants to watch TV, and is hungry.
6:30 am All three kids are awake. They "help" me make a yummy breakfast of banana muffins (from scratch!) and scrambled eggs.
8:00 I leave for a doctor's appointment while Curtis stays home with the kids.
9:00 I get home, Curtis heads to work.

Now, at this point my plan was to get the kids ready to go to the library, where we would pick up some train books and our Thursday babysitter, Kaitlyn. We needed to leave at about 10:30. Kaitlyn was going to come to the house, and watch the kids while I did work to prepare for tutoring.

10:00 Micah has a coughing fit, partly induced by a fit he's throwing, and starts puking. This continues for almost 30 minutes!
10:30 I call and cancel the babysitter, and get an appointment for 11:30 to have Micah seen (in the past, the coughing a puking means asthma). I also have to call Curtis to see if he can come home to watch the boys while I take Elizabeth to tap, since the original plan was that Kaitlyn would watch the boys.
10:50 The pediatrician's office calls, and they have to move our appointment till 4:20.
10:51 I'm ready for a drink. A big one!
11:00 Call Curtis back after I finish cleaning up all the puke, he can come home for tap, and will just stay and help me with the doctor's appointment.
12:00 the baby goes down for a nap.
12:10 Micah goes down for a nap.
1:00 Benjamin wakes up from his nap coughing.
1:40 Curtis gets home.
1:45 I leave with Elizabeth for tap
3:10 I get home from tap, armed with Route 44 Sonic drinks for Curtis and I (even though I had already had three cups of coffee).
3:45 we leave to head towards the doc's office, via King Dollar.
4:15 we get to the doctor's office, and find that there isn't much of a wait!
5:00 we leave the doctor, after Micah has had a breathing treatment and had been diagnosed with an ear infection. We were to take the baby home and give him a breathing treatment. He was diagnosed with the beginnings of a sinus infection. Lots of drugs for the boys!
5:50 Curtis leaves to go to Academy.

My evening was spent giving breathing treatments, picking up drugs, giving drugs and baths.

So, we started this day with lots of coffee, and are ending it with some beer. here's hoping for a better day tomorrow!

6 comments:

Christi said...

Sorry the boys both had asthma attacks yesterday! I hope that soon the triggers will be recognized and you can try to head this off with a preventive medicine. I also hope that today is a better day and they don't respond too "crazy" to the albuterol!

ninepoundhammer said...

Boo for asthma! Hooray for beer!

Anonymous said...

Can you send over some of that beer? Will split his head open this morning and now has three stitches!!
Rachel L

Anonymous said...

So was there anything "special" in those Sonic drinks? hmmmm ;)

Amy said...

Sometimes I start with coffee and end with beer, and I don't even have one kid, much less three.

I second that "Hooray for beer!"

Lee Nickles said...

Second what ninepoundhammer said.