Monday, September 08, 2008

That was close!

It's Monday. Blah!

But when I woke up this morning, I felt really good, and thought, today is going to be a GREAT day!

There was one little gray cloud. Curtis received jury summons, and was to report this morning. After talking to his Dad on the phone last night, we learn that there's a big murder trial here, and jury selection was to begin today. Uh-oh! We didn't realize it was such a big deal till this morning. And suddenly all my well laid plans were going crazy! We read on-line that the trial could last four weeks. Are you kidding me!?! We are too busy for this!

At about 9:15, Curtis called me to let me know that he hadn't been called for the big trial, and that his trial had been settled. Phew!!

All is much calmer now!

2 comments:

Christi said...

I'm glad he wasn't involved with that case, but it is a little funny thinking of Curtis having to sit on the jury for a huge murder trial! ;-) Oh the added drama it would have caused for your family!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to say he got summoned for the KFC killer trial. Yikes! Now that would have been ridiculous!