Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm tired!

What a day! A good day, but a long, tiring day. And I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be more of the same. Here's what my schedule looks like.

8:00 all five of us out the door, dressed and looking good.
8:15 Micah's ENT appointment. We're all going so that the ENT can check out Benjamin, and since that put me with both boys, I'm dragging Curtis and Elizabeth along for the fun. And the doctor is the reason we have to look good. Other mom's tell me if I'm crazy here... I always feel the need to have us all looking put together when we go to the doctor. I want to look "worthy" of their time. Plus, I also want my kids on their best behavior (which is the case most days) so I have bags full of tricks to distract and amuse if the doctor is taking too long.
9:30 Hopefully we will be at my Young Mom's Bible Study.
11:00 ish leave the church and meet Curtis for lunch (not sure where).
After lunch, take the van in to have the oil changed and the inspection done. Looonnnngg over due! While the van is being taken care of, the kids and I will be shopping for car snacks and maybe, if they're lucky and I'm weak, car toys.
1:30ish home so boys can sleep
3:00 My sweet friend Andria is coming over so we can chat about our cranio kids.

Once Andria leaves, we head to Arowen's house (a friend of Elizabeth's) to borrow Thomas the Train movies and books, since Thursday we will be leaving to SEE and RIDE Thomas the Train!! We will be meeting my parents in Oklahoma City for this fun, early Christmas present. This week in school, we have been reading about trains, learning about trains, making calender countdowns till we ride the train, coloring pictures of trains. Anyone know any train songs?

Curtis works tomorrow evening, so my evening will be a blur of packing, cleaning, amusing the kids, feeding the kids, bathing the kids, and convincing the kids that I love them as much as Daddy and they don't NEED him to put them to bed.

All and all, life is great right now! Sure we're busy, but God has been very gracious and we haven't been left feeling as stressed as I thought we would.


And just so we don't have any parents go through Grandchildren Withdrawl, here's a picture of me and the boys this weekend and Anthony's birthday party.




And because I like doing Then and Now pictures, look at what a difference 16 months will make!

5 comments:

Beth said...

What fun (and alot of work)! I bet you are tired.

Anonymous said...

oh wait...i thought i had 3 grandchildren i could see pictures of. oh well...i guess i'll have to look at your baby pitures since i can't see one of elizabeth!

but you and the boys look oh so cute!

Deirdre said...

Train songs:
I've been working on the railroad
and for others ... go to
http://www.songsforteaching.com/trainsongs/

See I can be helpful! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Could you change the wheels on the bus to the wheels on the train? Just a thought ! ! ! grm

Anonymous said...

We liked this one: Little red caboose. Lyrics at the link below, call for the tune if barney doesn't work.I'll try to sing it for your mom. We always added a Whoo! Whoo! at the end.
http://bussongs.com/songs/little_red_caboose.php