Friday, September 19, 2008

Those crazy kids

Elizabeth
Yesterday at the doctor's office, Elizabeth shoved a little boy. I was shocked! Elizabeth quickly apologized, and I apologized to the mother of the little boy. "Why on earth did you do that?!" I asked. She looked up at me, looking very remorseful and surprised and said, "I thought he was my brother!"

Today was a long day, followed by a long evening. Elizabeth was in the tub, and I was attempting to clean the mess her brothers made during their bath. Suddenly, the little voice from the tub asked, "Mommy, why did God give you three children." Tonight was not the night for this question! So I asked her, "Why do you think?" She told me, "I don't know. But you're thankful for what you get and you don't throw a fit!"

Micah
Micah, Micah, Micah. He's a mess! It has been a loooonnnngggg day for Micah and his Mommy! Quick health update.... he seems to be feeling better, but is still doing occasional breathing treatments. I talked to the ENT today, and we have an appointment for next week, once he's finished with his antibiotics. We had been told earlier this week that Micah wouldn't have to have a second set of tubes at this point, but we'd have to readdress the situation if he got another ear infection. And here we are, three days later!! So, we'll see what the doc says next Wednesday. If he does need the second set of tubes, the surgery would hopefully be scheduled for the following week, which is when my mom would be able to come down to help!

Here's a video of Micah doing his breathing treatment with the nebulizer.





Benjamin
And then there's sweet Ben. He has had an okay day, filled with lots of sleep, which is good because he didn't' do much sleeping last night!

Yesterday he got his head stuck under the couch. It was so funny! I heard him start screaming, went into the living room to find Benjamin's body on top of one of the couch cushions, and his head under the couch. Because of the angle, he couldn't get himself out, and just got freaked out. When I asked Elizabeth why he was under there, she just said two, magical words. Animal Crackers!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a crew! I continue to be amazed with what they come up with. I always thought you three girls were "inventive" but I don't remember things like these...

It's good to be the Grand Daddy!

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness. That was a great laugh for a Saturday morning. =) Elizabeth absolutely cracks me up. I've talked to her on the phone (way back when Amy was babysitting one time), and she's had me laughing since then. Maybe we'll get to meet in person someday. =)

Hannah D A said...

Seriously, I am laughing out loud. I needed a good laugh. Thanks.

Kristy said...

Too funny!

Megan said...

They're nuts!