Saturday, September 06, 2008

Bad Mommy!

Thursday was Elizabeth's first day at Suzanne's School of Dance. (I know, that was two days ago!! There goes Mother of the Year!)

You might remember awhile back she had expressed interest in tap dancing. I made a deal with her that if I could find some tap shoes (meaning: cheap, used shoes) she could take tap lessons. This summer, I found a super cheap pair of tap shoes, bought them, and called Curtis to ask, "Are we sure we want to do this?"

After researching a few places, we settled on Suzanne's, which was our first choice. Elizabeth is in the Pre Primary II class, which is a combo class of ballet and tap. Here are a couple pictures that I got of her that morning (she wore her tap attire for the entire day!).



Very wisely, the teach has the girls do ballet first, then they change into their tap shoes. On our way to class, Elizabeth told me, "I'm so excited about tap, it's all I can think about!" As you can see in the picture below, she was ready to break in those tap shoes!
Elizabeth would be the little girl in the black leotard with crossed arms. I don't know what that face is about!

After one lesson, Elizabeth is having a ball! I think she is very much looking forward to getting to go again next week!

So, it's been quite the crazy week for her.... starting Pre-K, first tap lesson.... of the joys of being 4! Next week she starts back to ballet, and is very excited that Hannah is going to be in her class. Can life get any better???

No comments: