Friday, September 26, 2008

The sovreighnty of God in the little things

Today was the big day! The day we road Thomas the Train. It was a good day, a very good day! We have so many pictures, that I think a montage is the only plan. Aren't you excited? :-)

Yesterday, not as good as today. Not even close!

Our morning was good, busy but good. I was very please when I accomplished all my goals for the morning, which included finishing all the packing, packing the car AND making dinner. All that with three kids under foot.

At 11:30, I went to pick up our babysitter. I brought her back to the house, wished her luck, and headed out the door to school. Then I got rear ended. Yeah! Read ended!! Nothing major. And I had to laugh because really, who else has this kind of crazy stuff happen? Just me.

I had a great day tutoring. It was my first day with students and so many times I just found myself on the verge of laughter. There were so many things about middle school students that I had forgotten about. This is going to be fun!

At the end of the day, I start getting ready to leave. No keys. Sure enough, I had locked my keys in the car. So, I had to call Curtis to come rescue me. The whole process put us behind schedule. But praise God (keep reading).

We get home, and get on the road. We hit Hearne, which is only about 15 miles away, and we are in stand still traffic. We tried a short cut, but just ended up back in traffic. We could see the emergency vehicles, but never saw the accident. The police turned us around and we were diverted. We came to find out that the accident killed one adult and three children, and happened around the time we would have been there, had I not locked my keys in the car.

While we were in traffic, just a few cars behind us, there was another, more minor accident. It happened right behind us.

Oh, and during our time in traffic, Benjamin made himself throw up. Twice!!

We got into Oklahoma City around 1:15 am. We didn't get much sleep, but we were so thankful to be here safe and sound. It's so easy to take for granted God's protection. But we didn't yesterday!

No comments: