Friday, January 11, 2008

Out of the mouths of my children

Elizabeth and I have been having many conversations about God and Jesus. One of our most recent conversations began when talking about where God is. She is convinced that He is in the clouds. I've tried to explain to her that He is everywhere, and she quickly points out, "Yeah, like the clouds!" This particular conversation began a little differently, with her asking about where Jesus was. I told her heaven (safe answer, I know). She promptly, and with a slightly annoyed tone told me, "No he's not Mommy. He's hanging on the cross for our sins. With blood."

While driving Curtis to work earlier this week, I began slowing down as we exited. Elizabeth quickly inquired, "Oh no, why are we slowing down? Do we need gas?"

Micah has been full of funny conversation too! He and I had some rare alone time while the other two kiddos were napping. I was working on taking down the Christmas tree, and he was digging through my wallet. Suddenly, he begins screaming, "Icee! Icee!" I turn around to see him running at me with my Sam's card. This tells me two thing. We go to Sam's too much, and I bribe too much.

When we are at my parents' house, we stay in the basement. One morning, Curtis was changing Micah's diaper downstairs and they heard Elizabeth begin to push a chair around, directly above where they were. Micah looked at Curtis and asked about the noise, "Truck? Dinosaur?" What a boy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever we were little and lived in Lamesa, my brothers and I were convinced that God and Jesus lived in this little while building on a street corner. How that idea got into our heads I have NO clue. :)
Ashlee

Anonymous said...

I meant white building :).