Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Elizabeth's thoughts on growing up

Some of the best conversations with the kids are when we're driving. I'm trying hard to remember this, and not be on my cell phone the entire time we're driving, and instead spend time talking to the kids.

Today, I had success in that area. Elizabeth (and Micah a little too) were talking about growing up. It went something like this.

E: When the pool closes again, my tummy will start to grow, then I'll go to the doctor, and a baby will pop out! It will be a baby girl.
Me: You know, before you have a baby, you need to get married.
E: And before I can get married, I have to find another godly man since Daddy is already married to you, and Benjamin is too little.
Me: Well, you'll never be able to marry Benjamin, he's your brother.
E: So?
Me: You just don't marry your brother!
E: I don't even know who I will marry. I don't know his name.
Me: But God does.
E: Yeah.

There was more talk about having a baby girl, and how both her brothers would have a baby boy, but her brothers couldn't have babies in their tummies, but their wives could.

We arrive at our destination, unload, and head into the store. Suddenly, Elizabeth says:
At my wedding, I will have MY OWN flower girl, but I don't know her name, but God does.

Kids, they seriously crack me up! Another thing I'm learning is that you speak often of God, and they will remember. It just happens to come back at strange times, and in strange ways.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kierstyn, I love your blog. It keeps me in toouch with you and our special great grandchildren. They all seem to be doing so well. Benjamin is responding unbelievably well to his surgery and helmet.
Grandpa printed his picture with his construction a head shirt. I show him off to anyone who comes close to me. I'll have to print Micah's big boy haircut. Cute, cute. And Miss Elizabeth looks to have grown inches. I noticed that in the Harley pics and in the one today by the front door. I love all her conversations. Take care of yourself too You are great. Curtis too. LOVE

Rebecca & Nathaniel said...

Hilarious! I love kid conversations. Too cute!

Mells said...

Oh my goodness! I love the way you are blogging about the conversations you have with your children. That's GREAT!!! (I may use this idea too on my blog!)
From reading your blog you are such a fun mommy!! :) It's so refreshing to see your positive attitude always. :)
God bless you and thanks for sharing! :)

Corrie said...

Love this story about Elizabeth!! :)

Nicole said...

Kierstyn, your post made me laugh. When I was about Elizabeth's age my mom informed me that I couldn't marry my brother, and I broke down crying. haha, it was quite traumatic! Your family is so cute!