Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Addition

Ha! Scared you, didn't I? :-)

We have added a new play room to our house! It was my Mom's idea, and part of her and my Dad's Christmas present to us. We converted about 2/3 of the garage into a room where we can keep toys, the kids can play when it's yucky outside, and just a new fun thing for them.

Here's a shot from the doorway into the garage. We painted the wall to the right.


This is to the left, behind where the colorful bins are. Micah figured out very quickly that he could scale the shelf. Have to keep an eye on him!
And here are the fun and colorful bins, which house a lot of the smaller toys.
This is my favorite part of the room! We used chalk board paint on part of the wall! So much fun. This wall is where the door into the house is, and the garage door would be to your back. Elizabeth really does love the room, she was just looking a little dazed when I snapped the picture.
We have a little picnic table set up where Micah likes to play with his new construction site.

So thanks to my parents! We are loving our new addition. Thanks also to the Ackermans who helped us paint and Laura helped with the shelves.

5 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

That is VERY cool! I LOVE chalkboard paint!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

How fun! Love the chalkboard wall, what a great idea!

Lee Nickles said...

Now that is awesome!

Alicia said...

That is a brilliant idea! We have a small, 3-bedroom, 1 living area house, and I've been wondering where we're going to fit toys as we're not planning on upgrading anytime soon. I'm going to show this to my husband.

Sherry said...

That is very cool. I really like the chalkboard paint!!