Thursday, January 24, 2008

House of luuuuuv

This week my Dad is out of town. I say that like he's just in another state, when in reality, he's been in GERMANY! And since my Mom seems to be a glutton for punishment, she came to visit me this week. The timing was providential as we had to make a trip to Austin on Tuesday. But as always, my Mom and I have been able to find lots of tasks to do to keep ourselves busy on the days we weren't in Austin. Being the wonderful mom she is, she's always finding ways to help make my life a little easier... from freezing meals, to doing laundry, to helping me organize.
While she was here this week, we make a trip to Hobby Lobby. While we were there, my Mom decided that Elizabeth needed some Valentines decorations. My Mom and Elizabeth decorated for Valentine's Day, and had a blast! Here are just a few of the pictures.
The heart is hanging to the right of the front door.
The front door, complete with sparkly heart clingies and heard garland.
Close up of the window clingies.

These are not the only decorations that grace my house at the moment. Elizabeth and Micah put more clingies on the window in her room, and doilies on the windows in the kitchen. I now have more Valentine's decorations than I did Christmas decoration.

My Mom is such a blessing to me and my family for so many reasons. Stuff like this is just one of the ways she blesses us. She's always finding little things to do like this that will make my kids enjoy the little things in life, building memories. Thanks for the visit Momma! We luuuuuuv you!

2 comments:

Rebecca & Nathaniel said...

Aren't moms great! I am so glad yours is so helpful with all those little ones!

Sherry said...

Aww - what fun! Glad your Mom is there and enjoying the babies so much!