Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What a week!

Is it really only Wednesday night?!

This week has been a busy one, and it feels like it should be Friday night already! Here's what we've been up to.

VBS!!! Woohoo! That means our goal is to be up and out the door by 8. That gives us enough time to get to church, and still have time for me to finish all my rockin' lessons! That's right, I'm teaching the five year old class! At first, I was only going to have two. Long story short, I have SEVEN! It's been quite an exhausting experience. But it isn't as bad as the one time I subbed for a Kindergartner class at the end of my college career. I guess have a child who is not far from five helps.

Elizabeth and Micah are both in class and Ben is hanging out with his buddies in the nursery.

On Sunday night Micah's contained rash spread. He didn't' sleep well, so it was a trip to the pediatrician for him and Curtis. Turns out it's just really bad eczema (he had/has it on the back of his legs, the small of his back, his elbows and cheeks). The doc prescribed oral steroids and a steroid cream.

Tuesday found us at the ENT for Ben's follow up from tubes. All looked good (though today his ears look a little gross), which we are thankful for! However, there is something in the air that is making the little guys allergies go NUTS! His big blue eyes were so runny that I thought he might have pink eye. The ENT confirmed that it was just allergies (whew!) but the poor guy is just a big, snot nosed MESS!

And another excited element to my day on Tuesday was when I drowned my cell phone in coffee. That was special! I closed my coffee mug, stuck it in my purse, and didn't realize till I had coffee running down my leg that the mug wasn't really closed. Opps. My phone didn't die (amazingly!) however, it did lose sound. But all's well now. And I have a phone that smells like french vanilla coffee!

All that to say that we have been quite busy, are all tired, and due to allergies and rashes, there hasn't been much sleep. Oh, and don't forget the boys are both teething.

But, to get ourselves through, Curtis and I keep reminding each other that next Wednesday we are leaving to go up to Wichita for the 4th! YAY!!!! We're very excited to see family. And the icing on the cake is that Curtis and I are taking some "off time" to catch up on each other and sleep. Only 12 more days till then!

3 comments:

Shannie said...

you put your coffee IN your purse????

Unknown said...

We're excited too! But feel free to pack only your excitment and leave the drama out...

Love you,
Da

Sherry said...

My head is spinning just thinking of the craziness!