Saturday, June 14, 2008

Scrapbook night confessions

Scrapbook night is a great time for girl talk. I get to hang out with my best friends, accomplish great works of art in my scrapbook, and talk. Last night was scrapbook night, and I have a confession to make. I have my pastor's license plate number memorized.

Scrapbooking lasts from 7-midnight. It can get kinda creepy when it's just a bunch of girls sitting up there. Every little noise makes us jump. One of the "safety measures" we take is to walk each other to the car. Last night, it was just three of us. Lindsey was ready to call it a night, and I walked her out. I was going to just walk her close to her car, till I notices a white SUV pull into the parking lot. "No biggie," I told myself. An myself believed me. Until the SUV slowed down and the driver waved. At that point, I tell Lindsey "V64123, remember that, it's the license plate number." Lindsey urges me to just get in her car, which I started doing, until I noticed that the driver had stopped, was getting out, and heading to the admin building where Christi was waiting for me to let me back it. I tell Lindsey, "I'm going to see if Christi needs help!" and start running towards the admin building. At this point, I realize that Christi has let the man in, so I assume we are in the clear. Sure enough, it was just Wade, our pastor. Christi and I were having a good laugh, when my cell rings. I see it's Lindsey calling. I assure her that all is well, and she said that she just wanted to make sure she didn't need to be "the get away car."

The whole event gave Christi and I the adrenaline rush to finish some work before heading home. If only our pastor was a little guy, the whole thing would have been a lot less scary! And for Christi's side of the story, go here.

1 comment:

Megan said...

LOL! I would have been freaking out! Glad it was Wade.