Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Father's Day

Even though Father's day is still a few days away, I wanted to post my Father's Day greeting early. This year, Father's Day is also Elizabeth's birthday. And there is such a thing as too many montages (so I've been told).



Curtis, thank you for being an amazing father to our children. Thank you for being the calm in the chaos. Thank you for loving our kids enough to discipline them. Thank you for not being worried about carrying a "girlie" diaper bag. Thank you for teaching our daughter what a godly husband looks like. Thank you for teaching our sons how to be godly men. Thank you for also teaching our sons how to hold the door for their Mommy. Thank you for teaching me about Aggie football. Thank you for putting God first in your life. Thank you for being a godly leader in our home. Thank you for the way you lead me and the children in love. I love you so much, and am so thankful for the man, the husband, and most of all today, the father that you are!

Daddy, I love you! Thank you for showing me a godly example of a husband. Thank you for holding the key to my heart for 20 years. Thank you for taking me on dates, even to the opera! Thank you for helping to make birthdays and holidays so special growing up. Thank you for loving my momma so well that I was always secure in our home and your love. Thank you for raising me to love the Lord. Thank you for all the prayers that you have said for me, Curtis, and my children. Thank you for sharing mom with us! Thank you for being an amazing Grand-Daddy to my children.

Charles, thank you for Curtis! Thank you for raising a godly son, who loves me so well. Thank you for the support you give us. Thank you for loving my children so much. Thank you for the prayers I know you pray for us. Thank you for teaching my children about cows and tractors. Thank you for always opening your home to us.

And last, but not least, my Papas! I love you both so much! Thank you for showing me what a successful marriage looks like after over 50 years! Thank you for my parents. Thank you for all the love that you have shown me through my entire life.

Happy Father's Day to all these amazing men!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

That was beautiful! Thanks for sharing all those precious memories with us.
Side question - you can have too many montages? Who did you hear that from? I'm shocked!

Unknown said...

Kierstyn...thank you; all I can say is that I love you.

Curtis...you've started great and my blessing is that you will persevere to the end.

I love you both and your family "with all my heart"...I hope your birthday and father's day celebrations are wonderful.

Da