Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy birthday Momma!

This isn't a special picture of my mom. But it is my favorite picture of my mom! This picture is one that shows how truly beautiful she is!

As a way to encourage me, people will often remind me that I only have 17 more years of parenting. Ha! That's when I think about my Mom, and remind myself that if I'm going to be half the mother she's been, then I'm going to be parenting for a long, long, long time! Even though I'm not far from 30, she is still a very active part of my life. I am so thankful that she is willing to take time from her life, time from her schedule, so that she can come be such an active part of my family. Even though doesn't live close, if doesn't feel that far.

When I think about all the major milestones that I've see in the past few years, almost every one of them I've had my mom there to celebrate with me, encourage me, and support me. I am so thankful for the gift that she is to me and my family!

I love you momma! Happy birthday!

2 comments:

Shannie said...

Aww, that sweet. Too bad you weren't here this morning making her breakfast in bed and singing happy birthday, if you had been you might have had a chance at "Daughter if the Year." I've got it in the bag again this year. Hahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute. Happy Birthday Dear Friend. Love, Terri

to shannie, too funny!