Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Super Dad! (Micah-isms)

Yesterday, I took the kids to the gym so that we could all kill some time and Mommy could burn some calories. There is a great little "day care" for the kids, which they love. One of the fun things is the huge play place (like you see at McD's). As soon as we walked in, Micah took of his shoes and went running for the slide! After my work out, I picked the kids up, and had Micah put his shoes on. As we were leaving, I noticed his shoes were on the wrong feet. I mentioned this to Micah, and being the highly obedient child he is (or can be) he sat down on the sidewalk and switched his shoes. Not quite what I had in mind, but I appreciated the obedience.

After the gym, we ran to HEB. As all you HEB going mommies know, your child will often get a balloon (or in this story, bubba-oon) upon entering the store. Despite the fact that it's more challenging to drive the huge car shaped grocery cart while dodging two balloons, I let the kids each have one. Unfortunately, when we left the store, Ben's balloon blew away. While I was buckling the kids in, Micah asked where Baby Ben's bubba-oon was. I told him that it blew away. Always quick with a solution, Micah said, "If Daddy were here, he jump in the sky and get Baby Ben's bubba-oon! Yay Daddy!"

Didn't you know Curtis could jump in the air and rescue all bubba-oons that have blown away, with his maroon cape billowing in the wind behind him? No gust of breeze is too strong for him. He truly is Super Dad in the eyes of his son!

3 comments:

Lindsay Newcomer said...

If only you were tall...oh wait. =)

Anonymous said...

no capes...haven't you watched the incredibles enough to know that!!!

Sarah to the Bear, said...

Well of course Kierstyn didn't you know that all 4 year olds think daddy is super man. Than there's me who thinks you are super mommy because when I was down there "babysitting" when Elizabeth was potty training we were at HEB and she had to go, you told her that if she went she could have m&ms. I thought you meant when we got home but you whipped out a big bag of em. GO YOU! Lol, I find that amazing. That or the fact that you painted the entire bathroom during nap time.