Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Did I mention?

A couple Fridays ago, we were leaving the house to take Curtis to work when we noticed that the driver side door on the van and the passenger door on the car were both open. Out of habit, we closed the doors and got into the car. Quickly, we realized that neither of us had opened the doors and that the glove box was open as well as the little compartment where I put my sunglasses. Yep, you guessed it. Our car had been broken into! Actually, the doors were unlocked to begin with, so really, was it a break in? Regardless, the thief stole a $20 and the remote to the DVD player. Amazingly, he/she didn't take the DVD player itself.

All this led to a visit from the police, just to check things out. Turns out that our neighbors car was also broken into, as well as several other similar break ins through the neighborhood. The very nice detective came, and dusted for finger prints. Micah was very excited to see a police car up close. To make his day even better, the detective turned on the lights and did the siren as she was leaving.

Moral of the story, lock your car at night, even if you do live in a great neighborhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the door to your house! ;)
Ashlee

Anonymous said...

Eh - locking car doors just invites them to break windows! I've had my car window broken 2x - once was in the CHURCH parking lot while I was working late. The other my front driveway. So, yeah, I've decided to save myself the trouble, bring my purse inside at night and if they want to route through and magically find money in my car they can have it! I'm not buying any more windows...

Just my thoughts there...
Love,
Deirdre