Sunday, February 10, 2008

Coffee?


With part of our tax return we bought one of these. This morning, I made coffee for the first time in our marriage. This day has been a long time coming. So here's, my coffee story.

My very first coffee experience was with my friend Jill. We were visiting DC, the summer after I graduated from high school. She took me out to this little coffee place, I had some sort of supped up coffee. It was then I realized that it would be a while before I slept. So I talked to Daniel, whose house we were staying at.

Sure, there was the college coffee pot. But despite a few good efforts on my part, I never became a coffee person. I even learned how to use the timer on my coffee pot! Unfortunately, I forgot to turn it off and learned the hard way that coffee will mold.

Over the course of my college career, I drank coffee. But only the fancy mocha stuff.

Fast forward to this past December. I was sitting in the hospital (which got very cold at night!) going on nothing but adrenalin. I had slept an average of four very restless hours for three nights in a row. I was about to go home to my three children three and under, one of who was have some major medical issues. It was then I knew I needed something stronger than a Diet Coke. I needed COFFEE! After a few trips to McD's, I was hooked! And the funny thing is that I got Curtis hooked in the process. Yep, Mr. I-Don't-Want-To-Put-Hot-Stuff-Into-My-Body himself! The same man who won't eat soup unless it's less than 50 degrees outside.

That brings us to this morning. We bought the coffee pot, the coffee and the creamer. We ran cycles of water through the coffee pot. I tried to figure out how much coffee to put in with how much water, and ended up with a pot of REALLY strong coffee. Curtis knew our new purchase was a success when I woke him up saying, "The big kids are up, I'm putting them in the bath, the baby just woke up, I can get him if you want, do whatever for breakfast and can you feed the baby if I make his breakfast" He replied with, "Coffee pot must be working."

Yep. The coffee pot is working!

3 comments:

Shannie said...

Welcome to the club!

Anonymous said...

this is one thing you can't blame on your mother!!! thank goodness. you could blame your grandma, though!

Anonymous said...

Coffee..........yum yum!