Friday, January 13, 2012

What a week

Last week the boys were going through the stomach bug that Elizabeth had. Though I thought we might accomplish some school, or at least work towards getting everyone on a schedule again, it didn't happen. And that was okay.

But that meant, this week, we had to get back on schedule, start school, start co-op, and start dance. I had high expectation, but was hopeful that we'd be able to accomplish everything we needed to.

Monday was an okay day. We had the Findleys over for a play date. I also got to go shopping with my friend Erin. It had been FOREVER since I had a shopping trip with a girlfriend. All in all, a good day.Tuesday was hectic. We had co-op, it was rainy, kinda crazy day. When we got home Tuesday afternoon, I asked the kids to play in their rooms so that I could work out. This is what they did.

Wednesday would be better! I knew it. We started the day off by working on chore charts. Then Elizabeth and I hit the books. While we were doing school, Micah and Benjamin were busy....
Wednesday was filled with many moments like the picture above. The toilet over flowed, Timothy went into the pantry, and I couldn't find him, and the front door was opened, so I was scared to death that he had run off. The kids were wild, foolish, and disobedient.

Thursday morning brought.....
Thursday night, Benjamin didn't put a pull up on, and flooded his bed. I looked at Curtis in complete frustration and said, "They're now destroying stuff in their sleep!" I was so ready for the week to be over.

Friday mornings are going to be a little hectic for this month. I have a Zumba class at 8:45, then Elizabeth has piano at 10. Curtis kindly planned on going into work a little late, so that he could help me get the whinny kids out the door. As we were all about to leave, we discovered Curtis had a flat tire on his car. So I had to take him to work before heading to Zumba.

This afternoon, Benjamin decided to throw mud on all his siblings. And did his siblings do anything to stop him? Did they come to get me? Nope. Four muddy children.

Ahhhhh!!!! When would the madness end?!?!

In all fairness, there have been some highlights to this week.

With the encouragement and motivation of Erin, I'm attempting to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred every day for 30 days. Today is day 12, and I haven't missed a day, even with all the craziness.

(Timothy, with my weights, ready to do Jillian with me!)

I also looked SUPER cute on Tuesday for our first day back to co-op. My mom has the best taste, and got me some great clothes to compliment my weight loss.
Speaking of weight loss, I've lost another 2lbs, despite the stress eating and drinking that I've done this week. It's encouraging to me to see that all the work I'm doing with The Shred and Zumba is paying off, and that my metabolism is doing some of the work for me.

Here's hoping my weekend is MUCH calmer than my week's been. I'm looking forward to having Curtis home for a THREE DAY WEEKEND!!! Thanks, MLK.

No comments: