Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Finally!!

About two years ago, I posted this blog post, asking my readers to let me know which set of curtains worked best for the master bedroom. My goal was to complete my bedroom, making a calm oasis, before Timothy joined our family. Well, we all know how that turned out! Timothy arrived a month early, and my calm oasis was never finished. The master bedroom turned into a kind of nursery, complete with an infant crib, changing table and swing.

And that was okay with us! We were so thankful to have Timothy, but my desire for a grown up, finished room was still there.

A year ago, we put our house on the market. Our bedroom looked good, but didn't really feel like OUR bedroom. There weren't the personal touches that I was hoping for.

This fall, after our house was taken off the market, I decided to start that project again. I collected frames, pictures, vases and ideas.

Today, I FINALLY FINISHED!!!! Though there are still a couple projects I'd like to have in the room, I'm going to wait till our next master bedroom. I think I've found a good balance of making the room show ready, but at the same time making it homey for Curtis and me.

The view from the bedroom door.
I've been wanting to do something with the kids' infant pictures. I found the frames at a garage sale, painted them brown, used scrapbook paper I already had, and printed black and white pictures of each of the kids as infants. The piece of art between the kids' pictures was done and given to us by my sister, Shannon.
The top of Curtis' dresser. The cases were given to us from my other sister, Megan.

Today is a crazy day for Curtis and I. Timothy is sick, we have one car, co-op, deacon's meeting, bible study and preparing the house for bible study. But I'm really looking forward to crawling into bed in my FINISHED bedroom.

2 comments:

momma said...

great job!!

Sandra Drake said...

Hats off to you for completing your goal. It looks great!