Thursday, January 26, 2012

My, how times change.

From lipstick kisses and red hearts....
... to reminders on sticky notes.
My, how far we've come!

Though there are times when I miss the sweet romantic notes I would leave on Curtis' windshield and the little notes he would leave for me on the nightstand, I couldn't be happier with where we are now. I look at our family, our home, and the places where God has us serving, and I see how we are daily fulfilling our wedding vows to each other. I can also look back, and see how God has grown each of us individually and as a husband and wife.

Even if I could, I wouldn't go back to the days of courtship or early marriage. Though I'm not the same woman I was 11 year ago when I was a young bride, and Curtis isn't the same man he was, God, by his grace, has brought us closer together, solidifying our love for each other. As I talk to friends who are on the brink of marriage, I smile, knowing that they have no clue how wonderful marriage is, and what an amazing sanctification tool it is.

I'm thankful for the fun lipstick kisses memories. But I'm equally as thankful for the orange sticky note memories that we're making each day together.

1 comment:

LaFollette Crew said...

Love this....you amaze me at the wonderful job you do of documenting everything! Keep up the great work!