Monday, January 09, 2012

Resolutions

Every year we make New Year's Resolutions. And I'm sure for many of us, that involves something about being healthy, exercising more, losing weight..... And that's been true for Curtis and I for the past several years. The few pound you gain at the beginning of marriage merged with the few pounds that you gain at the end of your college career. Then we added 3 pregnancies in three years weight, the stress of children with health problems weight, and a master's degree weight.

After 10 years of marriage, we were both overweight, but motivated to fix the problem.

(10 year anniversary)
(11 year anniversary)

This year, as I make resolutions and goals for myself, it is so encouraging to look at these before and after pictures and be able to SEE the results of last year's resolution. Between the two of us, Curtis and I have lost 120lbs.


As I approach a new year, filled with new goals and new challenges, I feel very confident that I can accomplish the goals that I set for myself. My weight loss journey isn't quite over, but knowing that I have and CAN accomplish my goals is so motivating.

As I was talking to a friend yesterday, she put into perspective what Curtis and I have accomplished. It was so encouraging for me too look at where we were a year ago, and see where we are now. If you're facing the "eat healthy", "lose weight", or "exercise more" resolution this year, I hope the journey Curtis and I have been on can encourage you. If we can do it, you can do it!!

1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

So so proud of y'all! I think what strikes me most is why an example you are to your children! That is a life lesson that will literally change the course they may choose in life, because they saw you two choose to be healthy! Amazing!