Sunday, November 09, 2008

Praying

What a gift prayer is! To think that we can come into the presence of our Heavenly Father, and even when I don't have words, even when I have stumbled and sinned, yet again, He welcomes me into His presence through prayer. Praise God for this rich blessing and gift!
So often the task of parenting overwhelms me. I look at the enormity of the task, and feel completely incapable, which of course is what I am. But that's not where God leaves me. He leads me into prayer, a time to commune with my Savior, and to pray for my children. I find myself in prayer so often through out the day now that I'm a mom. After reading a blog, I was convicted to be more deliberate in my prayers, especially the prayers that I pray for my children. The author of the blog, a mom, prays seven prayers over her daughters through the day. 7 prayers a day, 7 days a week. 7X7. Click on the button above to read the original post.
When you see the above button on my side bar, let it serve as a reminder to all of us to be in prayer for our children. Our task is great, but our Savior is even greater!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Wasn't that an amazing idea on Angie's blog? I think it is so great that she prays out loud over her girls every day. I'm going to print those verses out to hang up all over my house to remind me throughout the day.