Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Rooms

When we found out that Benjamin was a boy, we knew that eventually, Benjamin and Micah would move into "the pink room" together. For the first seven months or so, after Benjamin was born, the boys shared the nursery. Then Micah moved into Elizabeth's room. A few months later, we painted the room blue, in preparation for the day it would be the Boy's Room.
With my Mom in town this weekend, I decided to go ahead and switch rooms! Benjamin moved in with Micah. Micah moved into Elizabeth's bed. And Elizabeth got a new bed and moved into what has always been the nursery.

Micah's side of the room. Don't you just love the car stickers for the wall? My Mom found those for the boys, and we were able to put them up last night. They go perfectly in the boy's room!
Benjamin's side of the room. When he moved out of the crib, he will go on the trundle (where Micah had been). He has a comforter that coordinates with Micah's. So cute! Right now he has a really cute fleece blanket that matches the transportation theme.
I've been squirreling away a few things that we've been given that I knew would match the boy's room (mostly stuff that my mom had found and bought!). It's little things like this airplane picture that really make the room.


While at Target, my Mom found this ADORABLE lamp. You might not be able to tell, but the pull cord has a stop sign on it! So cute! It perfectly matches the room.
And then there's poor Elizabeth. Moved out of her old room, and her old bed. As you can see from the picture below, she's really having a rough time of it!

Ha!!! She's loves having her own room, where she can have all her "fancy and fragile" things. Grandma made the transition a fun one with a trip to Target to pick out a new comforter, new sheets, and a new bed skirt. What else could this little girl want? Pink walls! That's the next step in this transition. I'm thinking that it will be sometime after the holidays!

Thanks Mom, for all your help! The rooms look really great, and I appreciate everything you did to help make them come together so well! We love you!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Very cute!! I bet that was a lot of fun! When will you move Benjamin out of the crib? I'm going to try and keep mine in theirs as long as possible. Though I am very tempted to change themes but I'm trying to hold off. We're planning to do a transportation theme too for the boys Big Boy room, which will be in the same room converting one of the cribs into a full.

Megan said...

Looks so cute! I heard the wall stickers were a big hit.