Friday, November 28, 2008

The day after

What a day!

Last night, I managed to talk Christi into going shopping with me this morning. I was so excited, that I had a hard time sleeping during the night. I kept waking up, afraid I had missed my alarm or Christi's text that she was here. But I didn't! After a quick trip to McD's for coffee, we hit Target. There was a dual car DVD player that Curtis and I were wanting, and we got it! I also got several movies for the kids, all super cheap! And to make it even more pleasant, Target was not as big of a nightmare as I was anticipating. They were really on top of it!

After Target, we made our way to Toys 'R Us to be one of "those mommies". You know the kind! The mommies who shove, push, and cause problems. These are also the mommies who will stand in line for an hour to buy stuff. I'm pleased to report that we didn't cause any mischief, nor did we push anyone out of the way for a toy. However, we were the mommies who stood in line for an hour to get presents! I got Elizabeth a pink MP3 player. I know, sounds silly to get a four year old an MP3 player, but just ask Shannon about how much Elizabeth LOVE her iPod! And it was only $10!! While in line, I also was able to get boxes of diapers for $10 each!!! Amazing!! Dad, I even picked up part of your present while there.

By 8am, I was home and ready for bed. But I had three little ones who were anxious to see me. :-) Aren't I lucky?

Curtis went in to Academy at 11, we had lunch at 3 at McD's (I've been to McD's THREE times today!), and I'm exhausted!!! The kids and I did a little Christmas decorating, which was fun and stressful all at the same time. The boys only napped for an hour, which really made for a tough afternoon. They were tired, I was tired, it just wasn't the best combination. Not to mention the fact that I think everyone (including me) was ready for bed at 6! To kill some time before bedtime, the kids and I drove around looking at Christmas lights. Now Ben is down, and the big kids will follow soon!

We have a big day planned tomorrow. Somehow, Curtis managed to get tomorrow off, without asking! So we're going to pick up our Christmas tree, have a big family breakfast, and spend the rest of the day decorating and wrapping!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love presents! Plus as I'm growing up, I'm learning that it's also fun to get presents for others too!

I'm so excited that everyone's going to be at our house too...I' having trouble sleeping because of that!

Grand Daddy