Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Too smart for her own good.... Elizabeth-isms

Elizabeth has been learning a lot about sin. Mainly because she has been showing us her sin... a lot. After she did something or another to her brother, I was talking to her. I asked her, "Elizabeth why did you.... to Micah?" She looked at me like I was stupid and told me, "Mommy everyone has sin in their heart." And then, just for fun, she added, "Even you!"

Another "problem" that we have been having is Elizabeth sticking out her tongue. But, since she's a smarty, she's started trying to stick her tongue out behind her hand, so I can't see. Good thing I have Mommy Vision, and know what she's doing! I reminded her that even when I can't see if she's doing something wrong God can see and hear everything, even the thoughts in our head. A couple weeks ago, we were at church and it came time to say the Lord's Prayer, which she knows very well. Curtis and I require her participation in this part of worship. So we get to the Lord's Prayer, and all I hear from Elizabeth is muffled noises. I open my eyes and see that she is praying with her hand over her mouth. At the end of the prayer I told her that wasn't the right way to pray. Elizabeth then felt the need to remind me, "It's okay Mommy, God can still hear me."

Oh, and there are two other posts below. It's been awhile, and I'm on a roll tonight!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What?!?! Doesn't the sweet 31 year union that brought forth you and your sisters count for anything...but I guess you only listed birthdays and greeting card inspired holidays. Hhmmmrrrphhh

Your loving Father.

Unknown said...

But I can confidently give testimony to the sin nature of little girls to support your blog. If only the issues would remained so cute!!

But God is good and His grace is free...just keep your Mommy Vision and prayers primed.
Love,
Da

Anonymous said...

Keep that Elizabeth away from Alexis. I don't want those smarty-pants comments rubbing off on her. :-) How do you deal with it without laughing? I almost died laughing when Alexis told me I sounded bossy.

A side note: you mentioned the Lord's Prayer. Alexis knows it now and looks forward to saying it. But just so you know, at the end it's not "...the glory forever" it's "the glory twoever". She told me she wants to say "two" instead of "for". Where do they come up with these things?!? Hope you enjoy your bday!

-Christi

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday, Kierstyn!