Saturday, May 31, 2008

Elizabeth-ism

This happened about a week ago, while driving in the van. All five of us were in our assigned spots, and Aunt Shannon had squeezed into the back seat, between the cubby hold and Elizabeth monstrous car seat. As frequently happens, we smelled that lovely aroma of skunk. Elizabeth and Micah are always quick to tell me that Benjamin is poopy at this point, so I beat them to the punch, and asked if they smelled the skunk. Elizabeth assured us that she did smell the skunk, and proceeded to tell Aunt Shannon what they should do if a skunk should "toot" on them. Bewildered, I asked her how she knew to use tomato juice to get rid of the skunk smell. "I saw it on Curious George. I really hope a skunk never toots on me."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope a skunk never toots on her either, but if one should i sure hope it is the texas variety and not a kansas one!!

Deirdre said...

And people say we're just feeding our children useless gibberish by sitting them in front of tv's ... heck now Elizabeth's prepared for skunks! Woo-hoo!!!

Unknown said...

I don't know if it counts as a toot if you can feel it on you...

Kierstyn said...

Dad, Dee might disagree with you. :-)

Shannie said...

I have an Elizabeth-ism for you... on Saturday we were watching Sherwood videos on YouTube when she asked me if I like Nate or Dan. I told her that I had never met either of them. Elizabeth insisted I pick who I liked, so I randomly said Nate. She then asked if I was going to marry Nate. I told her probably not.