Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Party!

I know, still no pictures from Benjamin's party. I promise I'm working on it. I seriously have hundreds of pictures to go through, up load, and sort. But it will absolutely be worth it.

Until I get the pictures into the montage, I thought I would tell about the party, hopefully making the montage even more enjoyable.

My parents and sister, Shannon, came into town on Friday evening. Thank goodness for their help! Thanks also to the Arnold who let us borrow their car, watched my kids while I did shopping, and let us borrow the awesome water slide.

Our goal for the first birthday party is to celebrate God goodness and grace to our family. This was even more so our desire with all that we have been through with Benjamin. God has been so good to us, and we wanted to celebrate! We had over forty people at our house to join in our celebrations!

Considering the zoo of a first year that Ben has had, we decided to go with a Zoo theme for the party. Benjamin wore the most adorable outfit! We had monkeys hanging from the mantle, and animals of the table. Add all the people, and it felt like a zoo at our house!

After lunch, presents and cupcakes, the real fun started. We had a slip 'n slide, a kiddie pool, a water table, and best of all a HUGE water slide! Our yard was transformed into a mini water park! The kids had a blast, and I think all the adults had fun sitting in the shade watching the excitement.

We had a great day! Wonderful, loving people surrounded us to help us mark Benjamin's first birthday. I couldn't have asked for a more fun or memorable day!

No comments: