Saturday, May 03, 2008

Are you kidding me?!

WE had a great morning at the March of Dimes! Afterwards, since the kids weren't falling asleep as planned, we went to McDonald's for lunch. Again, lots of fun! We were anticipating an equally fun evening with the rest of our March of Dimes team having dinner and swimming.

Until Benjamin woke up from his nap wheezing. We called the pediatrician and the nurse told us that if he got worse or stayed the same we needed to take him to the ER. Thankfully, we had another option, which we took, and instead took him to the Today Care Clinic. They were very quick, and told us that he has bronchilitis (not the same thing as bronchitis), which is basically like asthma, but not chronic. He is receiving breathing treatments, and is doing okay. The medicine in the breathing treatment, Albuterol, make him very edgy and hyper though. It's been really sad to hear him breathe and see him breathing so quickly and with so much difficulty. The doctor said he should be fine though.

After the kids were all down, Curtis and I were watching the end of a movie on TV. After the movie was over, I made my way back to bed, only hear a strange noise from the living room. I find Curtis standing by the couch, hitting it repeatedly. I asked him what was wrong, and he very calmly said, "I broke my toe." He sat down and sure enough his baby toe was pointing out the side of his foot.

So, we're staying home tomorrow, and hopefully will have an uneventful day!

3 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Oh my goodness!! I hope Benjamin & Curtis are feeling better soon! Thank ya'll so much for being a part of our team!! My niece was so sad that Elizabeth wasn't there for swimming, oh well you'll just have to come out another time!

Joshua Butcher said...

Scary and ouchy on the same day. Not fun!

We hope you are all well soon!

Jamison said...

Uneventful as in....going to church and then having COMPANY over???
You are so funny.