Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Poll

To the right, you will see that I have started another poll. Here's the question.... Should Curtis and I take a trip while the kids are with their grandparents this summer?

I have somehow manage to suck my unsuspecting mother into a plan where she will keep my kiddos for a week in Kansas. Yay!!! I know that the kids will have a ball, I hope my parents will too, and I know for a FACT that Curtis and I are looking forward to some time "off". However, we're a little unsure of how to spend our time.

If we did take a trip, we would probably drive, unless we got crazy cheap tickets to fly. So take that into consideration and help us pick a destination for a loooong trip. (We'll be dropping the kids off in Wichita KS).

If we just come back home, no trip, I will spend my free time painting the living room and working on lots of other projects on my to do list.

If we do both, we again need help deciding where to go.

So, have fun helping chose our summer plans!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to post on this one. I was one of the short trip and paint votes and this is why. There are some grrrrrrrrreat short trips you can take in Texas. ooooo, Gruene is wonderful, or anywhere in the hill country. Beeeeeeeautiful! And there's lots and lots of cool state parks to visit, not to mention lots of fun little random things to do that don't cost anything. Sooooooooo, my vote is finding somewhere relaxing in the hill country, relaxing a few days, then you can go home and spend some down time at your own house. I don't know if you're like me, but I don't like to be gone forever cause then when you get back you feel like you need a vacation from your vacation. Oh, now I'm all excited for y'all. Man, I think I need a vacation :). A babymoon, if you will. :):)

Sherry said...

I'm with Ashlee. My initial thought was take a LOOONG trip but then I had to agree about needing the vacation from the vacation. Go somewhere fun on the way home from dropping off the kids then go home, clean, paint, etc. and relax in your CLEAN (code for not toy cluttered!) house. Can't wait to hear what you do!!!

Brian Franklin said...

If you take a long trip, but make it a relaxing one where you just chill somewhere, then you won't need a vacation from your vacation. Those are only needed when we take crazy trips that have us driving and walking all the time. Then again, I do love painting!

Anonymous said...

My vote is both. Then maybe we can get a babysitter and go out on a "couples date" while the kids are gone. :-) I agree with Ashlee, there are lots of beautiful places near by y'all could spend a couple of days. Should be fun!

-Christi

Anonymous said...

Hey, I saw on the news today, too, that some bed and breakfasts are offering discounts just to try and get people to come because gas is so dadgum high. That might be worth looking into as well. :):)

Anonymous said...

I'm for going to a beach ... and conveniently I know that Galveston isn't too long a drive from your place. So, drop off the kiddos, head home first and get the living room painted or whatever needs to be done for 2-3 days - then head for the beach for a 2-3 days. You'll feel good about having accomplished something at the house and reward yourself for getting the stuff at home done.

See if you do the house stuff first it'll be great motivation knowing you need to get it done so you can get away.

Whatever you do - where ever you are, just enjoy the silence for at least an hour each day ...

Love,
Deirdre