Monday, April 07, 2008

Art

Here are a few of the long overdue pictures from Shannon's art show, just over a week ago. It was an amazing show, and I was so thankful that my Mom helped us make it up there. My favorite part of the show was the artist's talk. Hearing Shannon talk about her work, explain her inspiration and train of thought made all the pieces fall into place, and everything made a lot of sense. This is my favorite piece. Unfortunately (for me) it sold!
These two are actually painted on doors! Who would have thought?
On the floor, under the big piece, is a doily made up of spoons.
Close up of the big piece.

These are just a few of the 26 tea cups that she made. I looked over them several times, and always found something new. There were even embellishments on the inside!

Shannon's talent was clearly seen, and we all had a great time! Congratulations on a wonderful show Shannie!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Wow Shannon, wonderful! Kierstyn - thanks for sharing, I have browsed Shannon's blog too & am thoroughly impressed!