Friday, April 18, 2008

Marching for Babies

Thank you so much to all our friends and family who helped us meet, and exceed our March of Dimes goal! Curtis and I are really getting excited about the first Saturday in May, when we will be marching to help babies get a healthy start!

Today, I was checking Adam and Andrew's blog, whose team we will be marching on. Their Mommy, Lindsey, has done an amazing job raising money, organizing a team, and has just placed an order for our team shirts. They are so great, and very touching! She very sweetly included Benjamin's name on the back of the shirt where they listed babies who they were marching for. I was very touched! Thanks Lindsey, you're an incredible woman who I look up to!

This afternoon my friend Jamison is coming over to help me make a poster which will be placed along the trail where we will be marching (she's also marching with our team!). I'm looking forward to sharing Benjamin's story with others through our poster.

If you haven't already contributed to our team, please think about doing so. I'm thrilled that we have met our personal goal, but I would love to just blow that silly goal out of the water! Benjamin's life has been touched by the March of Dimes, as have several dear friends. If Benjamin has touched and inspired you, we would love your support!

2 comments:

Shannie said...

I was thinking about your march today and Ben. So, I was looking through some old posts on his blog when I found this...

10 things I love about Benjamin.
1. His BLOND hair.
2. The face he makes right before he starts screaming.
3. The sweet noises he makes when nursing.
4. How he likes to snuggle.
5. Sometimes, he just wants ME!
6. His "old man forehead."
7. Tiny baby feet, that loved to be kissed when he's eating.
8. How I'm one of the only people who can make him smile.
9. His funny shaped head.
10. The way he feels in my arms.

Read number 9 again. Then laugh a little and start to cry a little, like I did.

Kierstyn said...

Gee thanks! I did just what you said... laughed, then cried.