Monday, August 13, 2007

"That Boy Needs a to Find a Daddy"

My Mom took the kids and I to McDonalds today. We had a McWonderful time! After playing at the play place, Mom treated us to an assortment of desserts. While we were enjoying our treat, Micah suddenly started pointing to the scuzziest men in McDonalds and screaming, "Daddy!" Each time he screamed, "Daddy!" I replied, "No, your Daddy is at work." Each time I had to say that, I got a little louder, making sure everyone around me knew that I was married to a reputable man who was at work.

One such scuzzy man walked past, smiled, and said, "You need to find that boy a daddy!"

Hello!!!! I am pleased to announce that he has a Daddy, as do all my children, and they all have the same Daddy. Shocking I know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't know what "comment" to leave, but I found this blog entry HILARIOUS! It doesn't help that Micah refers to everyone as "daddy", but that's when he's trying to say their name. Wonder what he was really trying to call that man?!? Thanks for the smiles!
-Christi

Anonymous said...

I would say that "Da-Dee" simply means "man" for Micah, but I have seen him point to ladies and infants too. Just about the only thing he doesn't call "Da-Dee" are dogs.

Helen said...

Hahaha! When husbands get deployed, they caution us about what we tell our kids so that "scuzzy" men don't find out we're man-less and thus vulnerable. One lady tells her kids that "Daddy's at work" so they'll scream that in the middle of Wal-mart instead of "Daddy's in Iraq! Please follow us home and rob us!" Ok, so I don't have kids, but if I did I would empathise.

Anonymous said...

Helen, let me know when a scuzzy man messes with you...my teenage fire still lights up sometimes and is quite scary...
Eric